Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Countdown to Christmas Break!

I'm surprised to say it but December has come quickly this year. I haven't had much Christmas spirit, which is unusual seeing as it is my favorite time of the year. Maybe it will show up once I get home. I haven't decorated my apartment, I haven't listened to the usual Christmas music or even dashed out on Black Friday to go shopping. In fact, other than ordering Christmas cards for work, I haven't done a whole lot this season.

This has been an incredibly difficult year for me, both for my personal life, my health and my family. My divorce and move - tho sudden - have turned out out to be a blessing in disguise. The diagnosis of my Fibromyalgia has been a struggle, but I am getting it under control. The loss of my sweet Gamma, was a upsetting surprise. She will be greatly missed this Christmas as I experience my first holiday without her. Memories of all us cousins at her house on Christmas Eve will forever be in my heart. Many other difficult things have happened this year to myself and my family but I feel like, I am very blessed. My Nana used to tell me that God never closes a door without opening a window. I finally get what that means and am very thankful for the family and friends I've been blessed with. This Christmas, the only present I need is the PRESENCE of my loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment