Friday, January 21, 2011

Ohhhh January...

As I read over my last few blogs I notice I am steadily decreasing in my blogging. Guess I have been slacking more than I realized. This new year has been off to a bit off a rocky start, but none the less, I'm glad to have 2010 over and down in the books. I had a really wonderful 11 day visit home for the holidays. I was able to see almost everyone I had wanted to with the exception of the few that were traveling. It was great to see those I love but I was ready to come back "home" by the end of trip. The night before I left, we celebrated my birthday with my parents and grandparents with my favorite spaghetti dinner and carrot cake. I was not expecting this so it was extra special.

The week that I returned was a big week. I had to quickly pack my apartment because I was due to move the first weekend I was back in town and it was also my birthday. The night before my birthday and the big move, my wonderful friends Ginny and Jessie took me out for a girls night. We went to dinner, then drinks. We had a blast. This was the best part of my birthday. Well that and Ginny's carrot cake that the guys at work gave me! :) Then moving day came. I had packed as much as I could in very little time but of course the day came and I was still throwing things in trash bags and suitcases. Some things may never change. ;) The afternoon of moving/birthday I came down with bronchitis and was in bed for 5 days. It was miserable - especially with no TV, refrigerator OR microwave! Then, as if this wasn't already a bad week - me and the boy broke up. 28 has been memorable, hopefully this isn't a sign for the year to come.

Since the move, I have learned how to do coin laundry - which is a hell of a lot more expensive than this bratty laundry snob expected! $1.00 to WASH and then ANOTHER 75 CENTS just to DRY? Geez, I was expecting 25 cents. I have also purchased my first refrigerator. I'm currently working on getting TV channels without cable. Remember, this is a no frills way of living these days. Washing my dishes sucks and so does carrying my laundry up and down the stairs....but I'm getting used to it.

My high school reunion is being planned. I cannot go looking like this fatty patty that I am now so I started back to the gym this week. Diet too. I'll keep y'all posted on that. I guess that's all for now. I'll start blogging more.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment