Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Living in Fast Forward

As I sit here in my little apartment, decorated the way I want it to be, kitty cats rolling around on the floor, and everything right where *I* put it, I look around and realize a few monumental things in my life. A little over a year ago my world had literally just come crashing down around me. I picked it up the best I knew how and shipped a quarter of it across the country with hopes and dreams of starting over, yet again. At the time, I was scared to death, but such an amazing opportunity was offered to me, I just knew I had to take it. So, taking a leap of faith and putting my trust in God to lead me I embarked on the hardest, sometimes loneliest adventure of my life 2300 miles and several times zones away from my mommy and all my friends. I'm happy to report I have survived a full year of California living and I love it! I can't imagine not living here, though there are days I insist on packing the car and driving back to FL. In the last year I have learned to depend on myself like I never have before. I look within for my happiness just like Momma always told me. I never really fully understood that till now. I am perfectly happy sitting at home on a Friday night curled up with a movie. I didn't use to be! I also used to have this timeline on myself to have children and I'm learning to let that go as well. Now, I wonder if I could even handle children - I can barely take care of myself and the cats!! I have learned a lot about myself and my weaknesses and my strenths. I've met some great friends and had some great adventures and I know I will have many many more to come. My next adventure is in a few weeks when I go to Vegas for the FIRST TIME for my "freedomversary" with my single girlfriend Kim. I'm looking forward to the road trip! :)

Promise to write more often. Promise to always have a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment