Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hot Glue Masterpiece!

Saturday morning I got up and headed to meet my friend Liz in Foothill Ranch. I took what seemed like the longest possible way there  and finally arrived in the windiest place in California. Yep – I discovered that famous ‘Santa Ana wind’. We went to JoAnns fabric store, armed with her wealth of knowledge, we found just the right fabric and all the other do dads I would need. At this point , I was really wishing I knew how to sew but alas I am fierce with my with my hot glue gun.  Don’t worry, I’m saving all these fantastic ideas for when I  do learn to sew! ;)

So I go home and I no longer have the brains behind this operation to be there and help me. We are now operating on my own creativity folks – this could be dangerous! Well, the idea was to fold the fabric over a bit, put the waistband in and then scrunch it up. Well, I needed had what I wanted to do in my head but I definitely needed more than 2 hands and my 2 feet to do this. I got this great idea! I have chip clips! They have magnets on the back so I’ll just put one one either end then one in the middle! Great plan! Ok so I get it all clipped and I’m gonna put it up somewhere. The back of the front door. Well, in all my great planning I totally missed that the weight of the fabric would pull those magic clips right to the ground. Now the doors all scratched up. Oops. I tried again on the fridge before deciding I’d just  have to use my monkey toes and figure this out. J My final skirt is quite something. I’ll post pics soon.


BEFORE

No comments:

Post a Comment